As a member, you obtain a variety of benefits that are connected to your work as a composer and songwriter.
Here are a few of the members’ benefits:
- The association has a number of networks and clubs, where composers and songwriters meet their colleagues. A network might focus on a specific genre of music – such as electronic music. The association, moreover, has members’ clubs where members meet at arrangements with selected themes.
- Members of DJBFA have the opportunity to obtain legal advice. Our legal office can advise you on matters that have to do with copyrights, jurisprudential rights, credits and publishing contracts. You could, for example, avail yourself of this kind of advice should you find yourself in doubt about what your rights are in relation to copyrights or publishing contracts. The legal office, it must be stated, serves solely an advisory function and does not litigate lawsuits for individual members: Nor can this office bear the liability of furnishing DJBFA members with responses that are binding in a court of law.
- All members of Koda can apply for a one week residence at our refuges in New York City, Lofoten, Skagen and Northern Jutland. Only members of DJBFA can apply for the refuges located in Berlin and Samsø.
- You willl also have the opportunity to apply for a social grant in case you loose your ability to work as a professional musician due to health related issues.
- Members are regularly invited to DJBFA's events including our anual award show in Copenhagen.